Dead Men Tell No Tales
The ships crew consists of the following
- Captain – The Captain of a ship is responsible for the crew’s morale, alacrity, and expertise. On board, her word is law and she is responsible for justice (however rough) amongst the crew.
- Navigator – The Navigator is responsible for the navigation of a sailing vessel.
- Chaplin – The Chaplain is responsible for the spiritual well-being of those on board.
- Surgeon – The Surgeon deals with battlefield casualties and the ongoing health of the crew.
- Mates – The ship’s Mates command its crewmen in any number of roles.
- Crewman – The rank and file of the crew, they may have differing levels of expertise.
Types of Crewman
- Landsman – they possess no special skills required for sailing or maintaining a ship
- Seaman – they are the typical sailor and have skill in profession sailor
- Marine – trained more toward combat than sailing
- Able Seaman – a skilled sailor
- Veteran – a skilled marine
- Corsair/Buccaneer – a highly trained seaman with combat training
|CREWMAN||PAY/DAY||SPECIAL||AVG. HP||AVG. AC||AVG. SAVES|
|Landsman||1 sp||—||4||11||0 / 1 / 0|
|Seaman||3 sp||+4 Profession (sailor)||8||12||1 / 4 / 1|
|Marine||3 sp||+1 BAB, 1 useful combat feat||12||14||4 / 1 / 0|
|Able Seaman||1 gp||+5 Profession (sailor)||20||13||2 / 5 / 2|
|Veteran||1 gp||+3 BAB, 2 useful combat feats||27||15||5 / 2 / 1|
|Corsair/Buccaneer||2 gp||+7 Profession (sailor), 1 useful combat feat||30||17||3 / 7 / 2|